Sunday, November 8, 2009

Vintage Finds

This weekend I planned to relax, and thats exactly what Ive done. This afternoon ive been browsing ebay looking at lovely vintage dresses, heres a few that Ive fallen in love with.

Sorry about the lack of posts this last week or so, being at placement full time Im wearing my boring uniform 5 days a week! But today I took some photos, so I will be posting those in the next couple of days.



Vintage pink and purple striped dress, from here.


Apricot floral 1960's pussy bow dress, from here.


Vintage pink with black spots with pleats, from here.


Pastel 80's striped tent mini dress, from here.


Tangerine 70's tie-up boho dress, from here.




1960's mad men inspired polka dot dress, from
here
.

1970's spearment frill dress, from here
.

1980's purple wrap dress, from here.


1980's summer floral tea dress, from here.


Vintage peach coloured dress with lace panels, from here.


Yellow 1970's dress with lace detail, from here.

13 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

They're all so pretty and Summery.
-Andi x

♥zoe♥ said...

Hi Sweet Rose,
Eeeeek...favourite for all of these dresses! I did check out the 1970's spearment frill dress on Ebay and how surprised it left 30sec for the auction! I didn't try to bid for some reasonn of it's pretty expensive for the postage:(

Hope you havd a quiet & nice weekend too!
xoxo
♥zoe♥

Cheryl said...

Hahaha! Wearing a school uniform can be really boring. I've been wearing one for the 1st 10 yrs.of my school life and so when I went t the university, I felt so liberated not to wear one. Don't worry, in a few months you will be free of it. ;)

Those dresses with electric pleats are so pretty! I also love the last photo of the yellow dress with lace.

It's raining here, hope it's a sunny day out there. :)

Sophie said...

Oh Rose darling, they are all so gorgeous! I love the floral print ones the most I think. Can't wait to see your photos later in the week. I hope your placement is going ok as well. xo
teacups-and-saucers.blogspot.com

Sher said...

I think you have really great taste, Rose! I adore these dresses, and they are totally what I would like too:) They're so sweet and feminine!!

Oraphan said...

Oh! These vintage dresses are all lovely. I've never browsed on ebay before, it sounds like a lot of fun. If I get to pick for myself from this post, I would love to get the 1970's spearment frill dress, it's sooo beautiful!

I know exactly what you meant by boring of wearing school uniform. I had 12 years experience of wearing school uniform when I was in Thailand! For the time being, you can dress up during the weekends and take a LOT of photos and post them for us all.
Can't wait to see your photos:)

P.S. I'll have to come back later to see the purple wrap and polka dot dresses, I can't see them on my laptop.

Maria Confer said...

Gorgeous vintage finds. My fave is the apricot floral dress.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Ms. B said...

Love the first striped dress!!

Holly said...

Vintage dresses are the best! You've picked some real beauties here too. What great taste you have! ♥

Sophie said...

Hi Rose, just wanted to pop by again and let you know I have given you an award on my blog! xo
teacups-and-saucers.blogspot.com/

Dustjacket Attic said...

Oh some gorgeous dresses there, nice finds.
xxx

Oraphan said...

I came back to look at your ebay vintage dresses again. I can see the purple wrap now, it's so beautiful but I still can't see the polka dot dress!

Kelly said...

Oh I love them! I can totally see you in the first one and the yellow one too!!!